Morello Cherry Punch
- 15 MIN
- 12 cups (3 litres)
- 1 bottle (750 ml) white Moscato wine (or white port)
- 1 jar (19 oz/540 ml) pitted morello cherries in light syrup
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) dark rum
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) white grape juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Triple Sec or curaçao (avoid blue curaçao)
- 2 plums, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 2 unpeeled oranges, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (150 g) fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
- Ice cubes, to taste
1. In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the wine, morello cherries, syrup, rum, grape juice and Triple Sec. Add the fruit.
2. Serve with ice cubes, if desired.
No steeping is needed for this punch, but it can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.