Pork Tenderloins with Cinnamon and Cranberries
- 10 MIN
- 25 MIN
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 lb (454 g) each
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
2. In a bowl, combine the cinnamon and 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil. Brush the tenderloins with the cinnamon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, brown the tenderloins in the remaining oil. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, brown the onion and garlic, adding oil as needed. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, scraping the bottom of the skillet with a
wooden spoon to free any browned bits. Return the tenderloins to the skillet, transfer to
the oven and roast until pale pink in the centre, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the meat’s thickness.
5. Remove from the oven. Tent with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
6. Slice the tenderloins. Arrange the slices on plates
and spoon the cranberry-flavoured cooking juices over them. Delicious with Leek and Potato Gratin, rice or couscous.