Seared Duck with Pomegranate
- 20 MIN
- 30 MIN
- 2 duck magrets, about 1 lb (454 g) each
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) crushed black pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) honey
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) pomegranate seeds
1. With a sharp knife, remove some fat from duck breasts so only a thin layer remains. Score fat without cutting meat. Coat well with pepper. Season with salt.
2. In a skillet, gently brown duck, fat side down, for about 15 minutes or until fat is almost completely melted and a thin layer of skin is crispy. Return duck breasts and cook until desired doneness. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in another skillet, bring pomegranate juice and honey to a boil. Simmer until sauce has reduced by half. Add olive oil and parsley. Thinly slice duck breasts. Drizzle with pomegranate sauce and garnish with pomegranate seeds.