Orange and Honey Turkey Breast
- 30 MIN
- 7 H
- 1 boneless turkey breast roast (2 breast halves, 1.8 kg/4 lb total), with or without skin, tied
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) orange juice
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) honey
- 1 orange, grated zest only
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chopped peeled fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet, brown the turkey roast on all sides in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the roast to the slow cooker.
2. In the same skillet, soften the shallots and garlic. Dust with the flour and mix thoroughly. Add the broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour into the cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours. Slice the roast and drizzle with the cooking juices. Serve with mashed potatoes or long-grain and wild rice and a green vegetable.