Turkey Roast with Cranberries
- 45 MIN
- 4 H
- 2 3/4 cups (290 g) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup (250 ml) apple jelly
- 1 cup (250 ml) cranberry juice
- 3 tbsp (25 g) cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 roast boneless turkey breast, about 4 lb (1.8 kg), with the skin
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
1. In a food processor, purée 2 cups (210 g) of the cranberries with the apple jelly, cranberry juice, cornstarch and five-spice powder until smooth. Strain through a sieve. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the turkey roast in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the slow cooker.
3. In the same skillet, brown the onions. Add butter, if needed. Add the cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Transfer to the slow cooker. Add the remaining whole cranberries (3/4 cup/80 g).
4. Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours.
5. Serve with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.
This recipe cannot be maintained on Warm.