To the top
Fully-Loaded Baked Potatoes (The Best)
- 40 MIN
- 1 H
- 4 to 8 servings
- 4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup (57 g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
2. Individually wrap each potato in aluminum foil. Place on the grill, close the lid and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Let cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, grill the bacon slices for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Chop finely.
4. Chop the whites of the green onions, then thinly slice the green part. Set aside separately.
5. Lay the potatoes horizontally on a work surface and slice
a thin layer off of each. Scoop out the potato flesh, leaving
about 1/2 inch (1 cm) of flesh all around. Set the hollowed-out potatoes aside.
6. In a bowl, lightly mash the potato flesh. Add the butter, sour cream, onion whites, 1 cup of cheese and half the bacon. Combine well. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Generously stuff the hollowed potatoes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, bacon and onion greens.
8. Reduce the grill heat to medium. Place the stuffed
potatoes directly on the grate and continue cooking for
15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
For smaller portions, instead of simply cutting off the top of the potato (after the first baking), cut them in half to make eight servings rather than four.
For a spicy kick, add finely chopped pickled jalapeno pepper to the mashed potato stuffing.