Ricardo was appointed a Member of the Order of Canada for his efforts in making cooking accessible to all, and for his commitment to a range of social causes. Recently, he was also awarded a diploma honoris causa from the Institut de tourisme et d’hôtellerie du Québec for his career achievements.
• Canada’s only national cooking magazine.
• Published in English and French editions.
• Named Best Magazine Brand at the 2016 National Magazine Awards.
• Circulation: 153,000 copies and 1.2 million readers.
• With 2 million unique visitors each month on ricardocuisine.com and over 450,000 followers and members on social media, Ricardo has the most influential digital platform for foodies in Canada.
• The website features over 5,000 recipes, available in both English and French.
• The French-language Ricardo TV show has aired for 15 years, and more than 2,000 episodes have been shot to date. It is broadcast in over 166 countries around the world.
• The program Ricardo and Friends (2006), which aired on Food Network Canada and Global, also achieved great success.
• Ricardo produces the reality-TV cooking show Chef in Your Ear, which he co-developed with American and British partners. Warner Bros. markets the format abroad. So far, the concept has been sold in three countries.
• Ricardo’s cookbooks, published in both English and French, are consistent bestsellers. His Slow Cooker books are now found in over 160,000 Canadian households.
• Ricardo offers a line of kitchen accessories that are sold in more than 600 stores across Canada. To date, over 2 million items have been sold!
• Ricardo markets a selection of wines that reflect his tastes and personality. The RICARDO label includes two wines from South Africa, one from Spain and one from France.
• Espace RICARDO is a unique, one-stop shop that offers kitchen accessories and decor items drawn directly from the pages of the magazine, as well as a vast collection of gift ideas.
• Café RICARDO, which opened in March 2016, gives customers a chance to enjoy dishes based on recipes featured in the magazine and on the website.
The Art of the Table
• In fall 2016, the RICARDO The Art of the Table brand was launched. This line of affordable, quality textiles includes tablecloths and other table accessories.