- With the rack in the highest position, preheat the broiler.
- In a skillet over high heat, cook the steaks in the oil until done to your liking, 2 to 3 minutes a side. Season with salt and pepper. Place the meat on a baking sheet and top with the cheese.
- Deglaze the skillet with the port and reduce until syrupy. Adjust the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, broil the steaks until the cheese melts.
- Transfer the steaks to 4 dinner plates. Drizzle with the port sauce and sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve with broccoli or a green salad and small baked potatoes.