- Place the meat in a large pot. Cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and blanch for 3 to 4 minutes. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Return the meat to the pot. Add the bouquet garni, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and broth. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 1 hour, uncovered.
- To easily peel the onions, blanch in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse under cold water and peel. In a saucepan, lightly brown the onions in butter. Also cook the mushrooms in butter until the water has evaporated or without butter in the microwave.
- Pass the meat, vegetables and broth through a sieve. Set the meat and broth aside separately. If you don’t get a litre (4 cups) of cooking broth, add water.
- In a clean pan, melt the butter. Add the flour and stir for 1 minute. Add the cooking broth. Whisk until it slightly thickens.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream and egg yolk. Add a ladle of the sauce to slowly warm the egg. Whisk this mixture into the sauce.
- Add the meat, onions and mushrooms. Remove from the heat, adjust the seasoning. Serve with rice. A mixture of white and wild rice would be tasty.