- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 ˚C (400 ˚F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the potato and bacon slices side by side on the baking sheet. Brush the potatoes with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the bacon is golden brown. Drain the bacon on paper towels. Cut each slice of bacon into three pieces. Set aside.
- In a saucepan of salted simmering water, add the vinegar. Break the eggs, one at a time, into a saucer and slide in the water. Poach for about 3 minutes or until the desired doneness. The yolk should still be runny. Drain the poached eggs on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and vinegar. Place the bowl over the saucepan of simmering water that was used to cook the eggs and whisk until the mixture is hot and foamy. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly. The sauce must never boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the peppery lettuce among four plates. Top with the eggs, potato slices, and bacon pieces. Drizzle with the dressing.