Fried Ice Cream
- 30 MIN
- 2 MIN
- 5 H
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sheet in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- With an ice cream scoop and your hands, make a 60-ml (1/4-cup) ice cream ball. Repeat with the remaining ice cream, for a total of 8 balls. Place on the chilled baking sheet and return to the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Place the almonds in a bowl. Roll the ice cream balls in the almonds, pressing the nuts onto the balls to coat them well. Freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and the crumbs in another bowl. Dip the ice cream balls in the egg and shake to remove any excess. Roll the balls in the crumbs, pressing to coat well. Freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the eggs to remove any crumbs. Refrigerate.
- Coat the ice cream balls in egg and crumbs a second time. Freeze for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the deep fryer to 190°C (375°F).
- Fry 3 or 4 balls at a time until golden, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
If you prefer…
Instead of graham cracker crumbs, use Oreo® cookie crumbs.
Nice to know
Freezing times will vary from freezer to freezer.