- 30 MIN
- 30 MIN
- 4 H
- 20 MIN
- 6-8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Place the fish in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a 23 x 13-cm (9 x 5-inch) loaf pan with parchment paper, letting about 5-cm of paper hang over 2 opposites sides. Generously butter the paper.
- In a food processor, purée the very cold fish. Blend in the eggs. Add the cream and pulse for a few seconds. Stir in the chives with a spatula. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread half of the fish mixture into the pan. Add the vegetables in a single layer, alternating pieces of asparagus and carrots. Cover with the remaining fish mixture. Press down the terrine with a spatula.
- Bake the terrine in a bain-marie. To do this, place the pan containing the terrine in a large baking dish. Pour hot water halfway up the pan. Place in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the bain marie. Let cool, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Remove from the pan, slice and serve cold, with a good bread.
Freezing the fish twenty minutes before preparing the dish allows for a smoother and creamier texture.