- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 ˚C (350 ˚F). Butter and flour a 23 x 13-cm (9 x 5-inch) loaf pan.
- In a bowl with a fork, coarsely mash the bananas with the lemon juice. Add the oil. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and molasses with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. At low speed, add the dry ingredients alternately with the bananas. With a wooden spoon, stir in the nuts.
- Spread in the prepared pan. Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool and unmould.
Freeze very ripe bananas directly in their skin. Before preparing the recipe, thaw in the microwave oven for a few seconds at a time. Cut one end of the bananas and press to extract the flesh.
You can substitute 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the flour for 125 ml (1/2 cup) of ground flaxseed.
Mash the bananas with the lemon juice to prevent the flesh from browning.
At this stage, do not overbeat.