- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 170 °C (325 °F). Line a large, or two small baking sheets, with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the almonds and chocolate. Add the almonds and stir gently with a spatula to coat them with the batter.
- On the baking sheet, with moist fingers, spread 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of the almond mixture for each cookie, into about 8-cm (3-inch) in diameter discs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
- If desired, brush the bottom of each cookie with tempered chocolate. Place the cookies, chocolate side down, on a sheet of parchment paper and allow to set.