- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the bread cubes on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until very dry.
- In a food processor, coarsely chop the dried bread cubes. Spread the bread crumbs back onto the baking sheet and dry in the oven for 10 more minutes (see note).
- In the food processor, pulse the bread crumbs until fine or the desired texture. Return to the baking sheet and let cool at room temperature.
- The bread crumbs will keep for several weeks stored in a cool, dry place in an airtight container.
The bread is dried in the oven twice to completely remove all moisture for longer shelf life.