Parsley Sauce Vierge
- 2 cups (70 g) flat-leaf parsley (leaves and stems)
- ¼ cup (10 g) coarsely chopped fennel fronds or dill
- 2 green onions, cut into pieces
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 lemon, the grated zest
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Tabasco sauce
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) honey
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp coarsely chopped capers
- Salt and pepper
- In a food processor, finely chop the herbs, green onion and garlic. Add the lemon zest and juice, Tabasco and honey. Process into a thick, coarse purée, scraping the sides several times. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the oil and capers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Pork Belly Roast or with grilled fish.
The sauce will keep for 1 week in the refrigerator covered with a thin layer of olive oil to prevent oxidation.