- Place the rack in the middle position. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter and flour a 1-1/2-cup (375 ml) ramekin.
- Combine the flours and baking powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the carrots, oil and egg with a hand-held mixer. Add the dry ingredients alternating with the livers.
- Place the batter in the ramekin. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool on a rack. Run a thin knife blade around the edge of the cake pan and unmould.
- Spread the baby food purée on the top of the cake and garnish with the dog biscuit.
If your dog is allergic to gluten, you can replace the wheat flour with the same quantity of gluten-free flour.