Salmon and Vegetables Farfalle
- 3 onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1 fillet 1 1/4 lb (600 g) salmon, skinned
- 1/2 lb (250g) fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 5 cups (1.25 litres) farfalle or other short pasta
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) dried basil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh chives
- With the rack in the highest position, preheat the broiler.
- In a large saucepan, brown the onions and garlic in a little oil. Set aside.
- Place the salmon and asparagus on a baking sheet. Brush lightly with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Broil for about 6 minutes, stirring the asparagus once during cooking. Keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
- In the saucepan with the onions, add the remaining oil, vinegar, basil, mustard and cook over medium heat. Add the pasta and tomatoes. Stir to heat through. Break up the salmon with a fork.
- At service, place the pasta on serving plates and top with salmon. Sprinkle with chives.