- In a bowl, combine the espresso with 2 tbsp of the sugar. Add the milk. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla and ½ cup (105 g) of the sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture whitens and forms a ribbon as it falls for the beaters. Stir in the cheese.
- In a third bowl, whip the cream with the remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture.
- Quickly soak the cookies in the coffee mixture. Place a third of the cookies at the bottom of a 12-cup (3 litre) glass serving bowl, the rounded ends against the walls. Cover with a third of the cheese mixture and continue with the remaining cookies and cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the white chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Tiramisu is a recipe that can be prepared in advance. It is even better prepared the day before.