Salmon Poached in Horseradish Milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) prepared creamed horseradish
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cornstarch
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 steaks
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) chopped fresh basil
- In a skillet off the heat, combine the milk, horseradish and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the salmon, reduce the heat and simmer very gently for about 6 minutes, turning once and stirring the liquid constantly with a wooden spoon. Adjust the seasoning.
- Spoon the poaching liquid over each serving. Garnish with basil.