- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped onion
- 8 large plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch (1/2-cm) strips
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch (1/2-cm) slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and cut into 1/4-inch (1/2-cm) strips
- 2 cups (500 ml) cubed country-style bread, toasted
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients except the croutons. Add the dressing. Adjust the seasoning.
- Add the croutons just before serving. Delicious with grilled foods.