Mom's Retro Strawberry Pie
- A 9-inch (23-cm) graham cracker crumbs crust, baked and cooled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22 ml) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 ml) cold water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/2 box 85 g strawberry Jell-O
- 3 cups (750 ml) fresh strawberries, whole
- Prepare and bake the crust according to the package instructions.
- In a bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the cold water.
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar with the water.
- Add the Jell-O powder and bring to boil. Add the cornstarch mixture and boil until it thickens, while stirring.
- Place strawberries upright in the crust. Pour the Jell-O mixture over the strawberries. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.