- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parsley, chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb (454g) haddock fillets, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 8 tortillas
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and let stand for 1 hour to blend the flavours. Drain the salsa before serving.
- On a plate, combine the flour, cumin, salt and pepper. Dredge the fish in this mixture. Shake off any excess flour.
- In non-stick skillet, brown the fish in the oil over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Warm up the tortillas in the oven or the microwave.
- In the middle of the table, place the fried fish, drained salsa, sour cream, cheese and warm tortillas. Let everyone prepare their own fajitas.