- In a saucepan, soften the onion and garlic in the oil for about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a blender, purée until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add the milk an bring to a boil while whisking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bechamel to the sauce and stir to combine. Adjust the seasoning.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain. Add to the sauce.
As simple as it gets!
You can prepare this tomato cream sauce two ways: by adding 125 ml (1/2 cup) 15% cooking cream to the tomato sauce, which is faster, or by adding a bechamel sauce to the tomato sauce, which is healthier. The choice is yours!