- In a bowl, combine the water, oil and sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flours, yeast and salt. Add the liquid mixture and stir until a soft ball forms.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough until smooth, about 2 minutes. Shape into a ball and place in a clean, lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a damp tea towel. Let rise in a warm, humid place for about 75 minutes.
- Use dough immediately, or wrap in plastic and refrigerate for up to 12 hours or freeze.
- Place the oven rack in the middle position. Place a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet on it. Preheat the oven to 250°C (500°F).
- Divide the dough into 4 portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a thin disc about 25 cm (10 inches) across. Sprinkle a small amount of cornmeal on a pizza peel and the hot stone. Place 1 disc at a time on the peel. Working quickly, spread with 1/4 of the peppers. Top with 1/4 of the cheese and chorizo. Drizzle with olive oil. Immediately slide the pizza onto the stone and bake until the dough is golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Top with herbs and a few grindings of pepper.