- 430 ml (1 3/4 cups)
- 8 oz (227 g) orange cheddar, grated (675 ml/2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup (250 ml) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- In a saucepan off the heat, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until the cheese melts. Whisk until very smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, arranging the wrap so it is resting on the cheese’s surface. Let cool partially and refrigerate until well chilled, about 3 hours.