- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Keep refrigerated.
- Rinse and drain the beans. Purée in a food processor with the water. Season with pepper and set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté the onions and garlic in the oil. Add the turkey, chili powder, oregano and stir until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Cover a tortilla with 60 ml (1/4 cup) of mashed beans and layer with 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the turkey mixture and top with 125 ml (1/2 cup) of cheese. Cover with a second tortilla and press. In a non-stick skillet, brown the quesadillas for about 5 minutes per side over medium-low heat in the extra olive oil. Place the quesadillas on a cutting board and cut into wedges.
- Serve with salsa. Delicious with sour cream.