Red Fruit Salad
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cranberry cocktail
- Flavouring, to your taste (see note)
- 2 red pears
- 2 red apples
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1 cup (250 ml) seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 cups (500 ml) seedless watermelon, cubed
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar and cranberry cocktail to a boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the desired flavouring. Let cool.
- When the syrup has cooled, cut the pears and apples into segments. In a bowl, combine immediately with the syrup and the other fruit to prevent them from oxidizing.
- Serve in a martini glass or a nice dessert cup.
A few drops of orange blossom water, rose water, an alcohol such as Grand Marnier or rum, is enough to change this fruit salad.