- In a bowl, sprinkle half the sugar and the salt on the tomatoes. Let stand for 15 minutes. In a blender, purée until smooth. Add the raisins and set aside.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Butter a 20-cm (8-inch) springform pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, the remaining sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. At low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with the tomato mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly. Unmould and cool completely on a rack.
- In a bowl, cream the cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla with and electric mixer until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Frost the cake.