- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg and beat until smooth and creamy. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the dry ingredients, nuts and chocolate.
- With floured hands, shape dough into balls, about 30 ml (2 tablespoons) each. Arrange 8 balls on each baking sheet. Bake one sheet at a time until the cookies start to brown lightly around the edges, about 7 minutes. The cookies will be very soft in the centre.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet.