- 2 dozen
Cranberry and Pistachio Biscotti
- 2 cups (500 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) baking powder
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsalted butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) whole blanched pistachios, unsalted
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of food processor, combine the dry ingredients. Add the butter and pulse until it has a coarse texture. Add the egg, milk and vanilla. Blend gently.
- Place the dough in a bowl and finish blending with your hands, adding the cranberries and pistachios.
- Roll into two 25-cm (10-inch) long logs. Place the logs on the baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes. With a very sharp bread knife, cut the logs diagonally into 2-cm (3/4-inch) thick slices.
- Place the slices on the same baking sheet, return to the oven and bake at 180 °C (350 °F) for 25 minutes. Cool on a rack.