- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Place paper liners into 10 to 12 muffin cups.
- In a bowl, cream the butter with the sugar and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating constantly.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, combine the yogurt and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture alternately with the yogurt mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the cups, filling ¾ up the cups. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
Vanilla or Chocolate Frosting
- In a bowl, beat all the ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Colour the vanilla frosting, if desired.