- 30 MIN
- 50 MIN
- 30 MIN
- In the bowl of food processor, place the flour, salt and sugar. Pulse a few seconds. Add the butter and pulse a few seconds at a time, until it has a grainy texture. Add the ice water and vinegar. Pulse again a few seconds at a time, adding a little water if necessary, until a ball begins to form.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and form two balls with your hands. Flour the balls then cover individually in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out both balls of dough and line a 23-cm (9-inch) pie plate with one circle. Make an incision in the centre of the second crust.
- With the rack in the bottom position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Spread the blueberries in the pie shell. Sprinkle the berries with the sugar and tapioca. Top with the second crust.
- Tightly seal the dough by crimping the edge with a fork or your fingers. Brush with milk.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Cool. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
To have good blueberries throughout the year, freeze them by placing them on a baking sheet to avoid bruising or crushing them. Once frozen, the blueberries can be placed in a freezer bag. Serve as is to kids, they love them. Judging by my girls reaction, you can eat them like candy!