- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate.
- Soak the noodles in a bowl of boiling water for about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold running water and drain well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of very hot water, dip a rice paper wrapper, one at a time, until it softens, 10 to 15 seconds. Remove from the water. Place on a dry towel to drain well and place on a work surface.
- Lay a row of cucumbers at one end. Add about 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of duck meat and rice vermicelli. Place about 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of green onions, a few strips of bell pepper, fennel, arugula and two basil leaves at the other end of the wrapper. Fold both sides of the wrapper toward the centre. Roll the wrapper tightly to enclose the filling.
- Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and continue with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve the rolls with the sauce.
If you are having trouble making the rolls without them breaking, layer two rice paper wrappers.