- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix one of the egg yolks with water. Set the egg wash aside.
- In a bowl, cream the butter, sugar, extract and remaining egg yolk until frothy.
- In another bowl, combine the almonds, flour and baking powder. Stir into the previous mixture.
- Count 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of dough per cookie. Shape them into a ball with the palms of your hands, then place on the sheet.
- Flatten them with two fingers and lightly push an almond in the centre of each cookie. Brush lightly with the egg wash mixture.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not let brown. Cool completely before serving.