Grilled Pork Spare Ribs with Ponzu Sauce
- 20 MIN
- 10 MIN
- 12 H
- 4 main course servings or 8 appetizer servings
- Place the ribs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 1 hour. Drain and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon and lime zest, harissa and cinammon. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until syrupy, about 5 minutes. Add the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil while whisking. Let cool.
- In a large baking dish, toss the ribs with the sauce to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for about 12 hours.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high.
- Grill the ribs for 5 or 6 minutes a side, brushing generously with sauce when almost done.
- Place the ribs on a serving platter and sprinkle with cashews. Garnish with orange wedges.