Shepherd’s Pie with Cheese Curd (Pâté Chinois)
- 25 MIN
- 1 H
- 4 to 6
- In a pot of salted water, cook the potatoes until tender. Drain.
- With a masher, coarsely crush the potatoes with the butter. With an electric mixer, purée the mixture with the milk. Add the parsley, celery salt, and onion salt. Season with pepper. Set aside.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a large skillet over high heat, brown the meat and onion in the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly press the meat at the bottom of a 33 x 23-cm (13 x 9-inch) baking dish. Spread the cheese curd over the meat. Layer with the corn and the mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the paprika and bake for about 40 minutes. Finish cooking under the broiler.