Green Salad with Pomegranate
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) honey
- A hint of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 10 cups (2.5 litres) mesclun or lamb lettuce
- 1 cup (250 ml) pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, blend all the ingredients with a whisk. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the lettuce with the vinaigrette. Adjust the seasoning. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and toasted almonds.
- Serve with the Four-Cheese Terrine or the Three-Cheese “Fondue Parmesan”.
To seed a pomegranate, cut the base so as to stabilize the fruit. Score into quarters and tear the grenade with your hands. With your fingers, remove the seeds in a bowl filled with water. The white skin of the fruit will float in the water and you can easily retrieve the seeds.