- In a saucepan or in the microwave oven, heat the milk and cream. Set aside.
- In another saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. Add the whole eggs and egg yolks and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Gradually whisk in the hot cream mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat once it first boils. Add the vanilla. Transfer to a bowl, place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the hot custard. Cool and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until chilled.
- In a large skillet, heat the sugar and water until it is golden brown. Over high heat, sauté the pears for 4 to 5 minutes. Cool and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a saucepan, bring the water, sugar and corn syrup to a boil. Cook without stirring until the mixture reaches a golden color. Remove from the heat, gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil, stirring until the mixture is smooth. Set aside in a bowl and let cool completely.
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar, corn syrup and water to a boil. Cook without stirring until the mixture reaches a golden color. Add the almonds and stir until almonds are golden brown. Spread thinly on a parchment paper and cool completely. Chop.
- In a bowl, whip the cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Pour into a pastry bag fitted with a round tip.
- In twelve 310 ml (1 ¼ cups) capacity glass jars, layer the dessert alternating the custard, cookies, caramelized pears, caramel, almonds and whipped cream. Repeat these steps three times, finishing with a drizzle of caramel.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Even better the next day.