Endive, Pear and Black Radish Salad With Goat Cheese Toasts
- 2 endives, sliced lengthwise into thin wedges
- 2 firm but ripe pears, sliced into thin strips (or Asian pears)
- 1/2 to 1 black radish, halved and thinly sliced with a mandolin
- 12 prunes, diced
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- Fleur de sel
- Freshly ground pepper
Goat Cheese Toasts (optional)
- 1 log ash-coated goat cheese, cut into 12 slices
- 4 long baguette slices
- Among four plates, divide the endive, pears, and radish slices. Sprinkle with the prunes. Drizzle with the oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
Goat Cheese Toasts
- In a ridged skillet, grill the bread on each side. Garnish with the slices of goat cheese. Serve with the salad.