- In the bowl of a food processor, place the flour and salt. Pulse a few seconds. Add the shortening and butter. Pulse a few seconds at a time, until it has a grainy texture. Add the water and pulse until the dough begins to form a ball. Remove the dough from the processor. Form a ball with hands. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and line a 23-cm (9-inch) pie plate. Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes.
- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a skillet, soften the onion in the oil. Add the zucchini and pancetta. Continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes while stirring. Pour into a bowl and let cool. Stir in the ricotta, Parmesan, cream, eggs and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and paprika. Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Serve with a mixed green salad.