- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
Grilled spicy pita
- Separate the pita into 2 thin layers and place on a baking sheet, outside up.
- In a bowl, combine the oil, spices and salt. Brush on the bread. Bake for about 7 minutes. Cool. Break the pitas into pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber and salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Rinse the cucumbers under cold running water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, then add the pita pieces. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
A feast for the eyes and the palate, this beautiful salad made with raw vegetables is packed with vitamins and minerals. The tuna adds enough protein to make a complete meal. If you often eat canned tuna, to reduce the risk of mercury contamination, choose an oil-packed light tuna, rather than white tuna (albacore) in water.
You can prepare the vegetables for the salad several hours ahead, just add the pita and lettuce at the last minute.