- In a bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, balsamic vinegar, and mustard.
- Add the oil in a thin stream, while whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife, thinly slice the tuna.
- To serve, on four large plates, place the tuna so that the slices slightly overlap.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the tuna. Garnish with shallots, black olives and capers.
- Cover and let stand for ten minutes at room temperature. Before serving, garnish with basil and Parmesan shavings.
Mince is a culinary term that means thinly sliced.
Mincemeat is finely chopped dried and candied fruit with beef kidney fat to be used as pie filling.