Rich Chocolate Ganache
- 10 oz (280 g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) 35% cream
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unsalted butter, diced
- Place the chocolate in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan or in the microwave oven, bring the cream to a boil. Pour over the chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute without stirring.
- With a whisk, stir to emulsify until smooth. Add the butter and stir until it has completely melted. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until the ganache is spreadable but not too thick. If necessary, melt for a few seconds in the microwave.
The perfect frosting for chocolate lovers.