Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 recipe unbaked Basic Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) chocolate chips
- 1 recipe Ganache
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Stir 250 ml (1 cup) of the chocolate chips (or more, to taste) into the cupcake batter. Spoon the batter into the cups. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool.
- Frost the cupcakes with the ganache. You can slightly melt the ganache in the microwave oven to serve as a sauce, as in the picture. Garnish with the remaining chocolate chips or a piece of chocolate.
You can use the chocolate of your choice (white, milk or dark). You can replace the chocolate chips with SKOR bar pieces, M & M or Oreo cookies pieces (then garnish with a cookie half inserted into the ganache).