- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 230 °C (450 °F). Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a skillet, brown the onion and mushrooms in the oil. Add the meat and brown over high heat for about 5 minutes, crumbling it up with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic, herbs, and hot pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute. Adjust the seasoning.
- Spread half the chips on the baking sheet. Cover with half the meat mixture, olives, peppers, cheese and tomatoes. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to create two layers.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Finish cooking under the broiler, if needed.
- Serve immediately. Serve with sour cream.