- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add the egg and beat until the mixture is creamy and smooth. With a wooden spoon, stir in the dry ingredients, chocolate, and candy.
- For each cookie, with floured hands, shape a ball with 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of dough. Place six cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake one sheet at a time, for about 7 minutes or until they start to brown around the edges. The cookies will still be very soft in the centre. Let cool completely.