- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 6 sticks on the baking sheet making sure to leave enough space between each to ensure that they don’t melt together once the cheese melts.
- Place 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of cheese at one end of each stick. With your fingers, spread the cheese into a 7.5-cm (3-inch) circle. Season with pepper, if desired.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.
- Let cool and remove from the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese.
- To serve, simply invite your guests to eat the "lollipops" at cocktail hour. They will keep for 4 to 5 days in an airtight container.
The cooking time of these "lollipops" may vary depending on the type of oven you use. At my house, they required 8 minutes of cooking. Tip: remove from the oven when the cheese is lightly golden brown, and no more. If they are undercooked, they won’t be crispy. If they are overcooked, they will taste bitter.