Brownies with Espresso Coffee
- 20 MIN
- 30 MIN
- 4 H
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 170 °C (325 °F). Butter a 8-inch (20-cm) square cake pan and line with parchment paper, letting paper hang over 2 opposite sides. Butter two other sides.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a double-boiler, melt chocolate and butter. Remove bowl from double-boiler. Whisk in the sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat for 2 minutes. With a wooden spoon, fold in the dry ingredients. Pour the batter in the cake pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the centre is firm but moist.
- Let cool in the pan for approximately 4 hours. Unmould and cut into squares.
- Place one brownie piece in a glass cup. Garnish with a small scoop of ice cream and pour steaming espresso coffee on top.
- Place one warm brownie piece in a plate and garnish with a scoop of ice cream.