- Bring water to a boil for the macaroni and prepare the remaining of your ingredients. The preparation of the dish will take 8 minutes.
- Cook the macaroni in salted boiling water.
- Pour the olive oil in a hot large skillet.
- Add the onion, garlic, and spices and cook for 30 seconds. Pour the olive oil from one can of tuna in the skillet. Cook for 1 additional minute.
- Add the kale leaves, tomatoes, and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thoroughly drain the tuna and add to the skillet, stir well and remove from the heat.
- Drain the macaroni.
- Return the macaroni to the pot, add the sautéed kale, ricotta, milk, and half the Cheddar and Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Pour into a buttered gratin dish. Cover with the remaining Parmesan and cheddar cheese. Add a few knobs of butter. Bake in the oven at 375 ºF for 20 minutes. If needed, brown under the broiler.